Pimp My Hundred Bucks - Part Twenty Two

Over the past few weeks my efforts to turn $100 into $500 have reminded me of my child hood, specifically the times when I played “let’s see how high I can build a tower before it falls over” with my building blocks.

Somewhere along the line you learn as a kid that no matter how careful you are, no matter how skilled you are and no matter how much you wish you were the Knight Rider, no amount of anything can make standard blocks go higher than where you got them last time because the laws of physics were against you. Time to switch to lego.

Applied to this enterprise I realize that I went overboard on the purchasing of new stock, my tower got too big and began to topple over. Last week I even lost money as the combination of purchasing new stock, success fees, relisting fees and the general overhead of it all got the better of me.

So I’ve adopted a new strategy – limit my listings to the highest number of books I can possibly list before I start to lose money and stop buying new stock!

Following this rule I’ve settled with 300 listings at any given time and so far it’s kind of worked, well at least I’ve gone forwards and not backwards this time.

The other part of the strategy is because I have more than 300 books to get rid of I rotate the stock so that each week I’m not trying to sell the same old books!

Over the past nine days I only sold nine books but the $38 they made me has put me back at $358.91 with only $141.09 to go until I can do the proverbial jump for joy.

Being the first day of the new month I checked my Bonus Bonds to see if my $20 had performed beyond my wildest dreams only to discover that it hadn’t but at least my fingers burnt the tiniest fraction of a calorie while typing in my password, as my fingers have been developing their own chubby waist lines after the chocolate binge afforded me by the Easter Break.

So that’s it, short but sweet this week. Ok, scratch the “sweet” part, we’ll stick with “short”.

Oh yeah, there was one pretty funky thing to come out of the last seven days, I had two film reviews published on a popular New Zealand Media site! I didn’t get paid but at least it made me feel good for a little while, that is until this series began to depress me again…

Finally I started a new fan page for my Cleverly Devised Poetical Dictionary of Difficult Words, which will be an important feature of my next series How to turn $500 into $1000 so feel free become a fan!

Until next time…

Click Here to read Part Twenty Three in this series!

Click Here if you would like to follow my progress on Facebook!

Click Here to read this series from the beginning!

Click Here to read my awesome last series, Pimp My Twenty Bucks

Click Here to view my Trademe Listings

For some great money related articles please visit workingathomeinternet.com for some great monetary wisdom... see you there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calamari and Me

Pimp My Hundred Bucks - Part Twenty Three

How to Turn $20 into $100 in Ten Easy Steps (Or at least how I managed to do it)